Electric and magnetic fields (often referred to as EMFs) are an essential part of the physical world. Electric and magnetic fields occur naturally within our bodies in association with nerve and muscle activity. We also experience the natural magnetic field of the Earth and natural electric fields in the atmosphere.
While these natural EMF’s are essential to your well-being and life, in general, EMF’s from man-made sources — electric currents and voltages from the power system — contribute to pollution that you can’t see, but which is harmful to us. You are exposed to these harmful EMFs from a wide range of sources including your TV, Wi-Fi, small and large appliances, cell phone radiation, and even the electric meter on your house.
You can’t see EMFs, but if the radiation from EMFs was light, it would look like your world was brightly illuminated, even at night – like Times Square times 10. And that light would come through your windows, your walls, your ceilings and just about every crevice in your home. It would even shine through your bones. If you could hear EMFs, the sound would be similar to a loud tapping noise, as if someone were constantly knocking on your door or other hard surfaces.
Why You Should Be Concerned About EMF Radiation
EMFs, like cell phone radiation, impact our bodies at a cellular level. Science has shown a number of negative effects including cell membrane damage, loss of calcium ions and DNA damage. All of this damage on a cellular level has repercussions on your health. In fact, there is even a term for symptoms known as “Electrical Sensitivity.” More importantly, we are starting to see that long-term exposure to EMF’s has been linked to significant diseases, including cancer, brain tumors, diabetes, depression, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and even suicide.
And if that doesn’t get your attention, studies also link EMFs to premature aging. So, if you truly want to look your best, reducing your EMF exposure could actually make you look younger!
My Solutions For Lowering Your EMF Pollution Exposure
There are many reasons why some people develop Electrical Sensitivity due to EMFs – from exposure to cell phone radiation to poor nutrition and everything in between. Even if you don’t suffer symptoms of Electrical Sensitivity, here are some ways you can mitigate EMF pollution to improve your health and vitality:
- Buy An EMF Protection Cell Phone Case. Cell phones have become indispensible for so many of us. They give us freedom while keeping us connected to work, home, family and the world. But, every time you hold your cell phone to your ear, you are absorbing over 50% of the cell phone radiation it transmits. I like Pong cases for cell phones and tablets. The company has a very informative website where you can learn more about cell phone EMFs. For example, texting, using a headset or even a landline when possible, are great ways to lesson your exposure to cell phone radiation.
- Avoid Body Contact With Your Cell Phone and Computer. In addition to buying a phone or tablet case (such as Pong) to reduce EMFs, try not to have bodily contact with your phone, tablet or laptop. Most cell phone manufacturers recommend keeping at least 10mm of space between you and your phone. Avoid putting your phone in your pocket or your sports bra! And don’t sleep with your cell phone next to your bed. If you must keep your phone next to you at night – for example, if you use the alarm feature on you phone – be sure to keep it at least six feet away. Definitely don’t put your laptop on your lap if you are trying to get pregnant.
- Get Grounded. You have probably heard the term “Earthing.” If you haven’t, it is an easy way to create health in many ways, including detoxing from EMF exposure. You simply put your bare feet on the ground and allow them to soak up the Earth’s negatively-charged electrons. These electrons can help remove anything from heavy metals, to air pollution, to trans fats and can also reduce inflammation, which is the underlying cause of so many diseases today such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and autoimmune conditions. The Earth’s electrons act like a magnetic mop, cleaning up positively-charged, inflammation-causing electrons and creating balance in your personal electrical circuitry. Practicing Earthing regularly if you live in a big city, can pose some challenges, but there are special conductive devices that you can use, even while you sleep. You can find these products by putting the term “grounding products for humans” into your favorite search engine
- Use Healing Crystals. If crystals and gemstones appeal to you, there are many that can help mitigate the effects of EMF exposure. For information more information click here. You can also ask to be protected by Divine Love.
- Create A Low EMF Sanctuary. Most homes have wireless Internet. If you live in NYC, or any city for that matter, you probably have 20 or so individual wireless networks in range of your computer. To reduce EMF pollution in your home and your neighborhood, turn off your Wi-Fi whenever you are not using it. Simply put your wireless router on a power strip. When you get up from your computer for a while, and especially when you go to bed, just turn it off. When you want to get online in the morning, simply hit the power strip button.
- Remove Smart Meters. These don’t save you energy and are constantly emitting erratic, high intensity pulses — some meters pulse up to 190,000 times per day. That is essentially all day every day! And these pulses can travel up to two miles. Research also shows that in many communities where there are wireless smart meters, residents complain of symptoms that did not exist prior to Smart Meters being installed. In fact, the residents often didn’t know that smart meters had been installed. Some of the symptoms include: Headaches, insomnia, fatigue, hearing loss/tinnitus, heart palpitations, weakened immune function, irritability, and decreased cognitive function.
- Spend More Time With People And In Nature. Taking the basic steps listed above to reduce EMF exposure is a great start to becoming healthier and happier. You can take it one step further by carving out time daily to completely disconnect from modern technology. For example, try turning off your cell phones, computers and TVs at a designated time each day and spend time reconnecting with your family. You can also set aside time each day to be in nature, read a book, or practice yoga or meditation.