Electromagnetic fields (often referred to as EMFs) are an essential part of the physical world. Electric and magnetic fields occur naturally within our bodies in association with nerve and muscle activity. We also experience the natural magnetic field of the earth and natural electric fields in the atmosphere.
While these natural EMFs are essential to your well-being and life, in general, EMFs from man-made sources—electric currents and voltages from the power system—contribute to pollution that is harmful to you. You are exposed to these harmful EMFs from a wide range of sources including your TV, Wi-Fi, small and large appliances, cell phone radiation, and even the electric meter on your house.
You can’t see EMFs, but if the radiation from EMFs were light, it would look like your world was brightly illuminated even at night—like Times Square times 10. And that light would come through your windows, your walls, your ceilings, and just about every crevice in your home. It would even shine through your bones. If you could hear EMFs, the sound would be similar to a loud tapping noise, as if someone were constantly knocking on your door or other hard surfaces.
Why You Should Be Concerned About 5G Radiation
EMFs, like cell phone radiation, impact our bodies at a cellular level. Science has shown a number of negative effects, including cell membrane damage, loss of calcium ions, and DNA damage. All of this damage on a cellular level has repercussions on your health. In fact, there is even a term for these symptoms—electrical sensitivity. More importantly, we are starting to see that long-term exposure to EMFs has been linked to significant diseases.
The 5G roll-out occurring across the United States and the entire world is largely untested. In the United States, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) share regulatory responsibility for the industry, yet neither has performed safety testing on 5G. Some experts have called 5G a “massive health experiment” that will have “disastrous results.”
According to studies, here are some of the potential serious risks associated with EMFs and 5G radiation:
- Increased risk of neurogenerative disease. These include diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). One meta-analysis showed that occupational exposure to ELF-EMF was significantly associated with increased risk of ALS. Another study showed a connection between occupational exposure to above-average levels of EMFs and higher mortality rates from ALS.
- Increased cancer risk. EMF exposure has been considered a possible carcinogen with links to leukemia in children, brain cancer, and other cancers. Since 2016, 400 new independent scientific studies on EMFs have shown the link between harmful EMF and 5G radiation and cancer.
- Decreased fertility. Both in vivo and in vitro studies show that EMF exposure alters cellular homeostasis, endocrine function, reproductive function, and fetal development. As far back as 2008, a small study at Cleveland Clinic showed that using a cell phone decreases the semen quality in men by decreasing the sperm count, motility, viability, and normal morphology. A larger 2014 study at the University of Exeter showed that normal sperm movement fell by 8 percent when sperm were exposed to cell phone radiation. In fact, male fertility in the Western world has been falling at a rate of 2 percent per year. And a landmark study showed a 59 percent reduction in Western sperm counts from 1973 to 2011. Over time, this could lead to mass depopulation. Women are also at risk. Birth rates among American women have been falling for decades but took a sharp downward turn beginning around 2010, 3 years after the first iPhone was released. In 2016, the fertility rate in the United States had dropped to only 62 live births per every 1,000 women.
- Increased rates of depression and suicide. Since the early 2000s, studies have shown that severe depression and suicide rates increased among people living within 150 meters of high-voltage power lines.
- Increased blood glucose in diabetics. A 2008 study showed that EMFs contribute to elevated blood sugar in diabetics and prediabetics. The study concluded that up to 60 million diabetics worldwide may be affected. In addition, EMFs may account for higher plasma glucose levels and thus contribute to the misdiagnosis of diabetes.
- Increased risk of heart disease. Radiation is a known risk factor for heart disease. It has also been noted by scientists that, at greater EMF strengths or shorter exposures, the body’s ability to develop compensation mechanisms is reduced, so there is the potential for heart-related effect increases.
Additional Risks Associated with EMFs and 5G
EMFs have the potential to exacerbate existing health problems in some people. Some of the conditions that EMFs are known to cause include:
- Decreased mental performance
- Insomnia and sleep disturbances
- Brain fog
- Hormone imbalances
- Tinnitus (ringing in ears)
- Weakened immunity
- Stress, irritability, feeling “wired”
- Rashes or hives
- Premature aging
My Solutions For Lowering Your EMF Pollution Exposure
There are many reasons why some people develop Electrical Sensitivity due to EMFs – from exposure to cell phone radiation to poor nutrition and everything in between. Even if you don’t suffer symptoms of Electrical Sensitivity, here are some ways you can mitigate EMF pollution to improve your health and vitality:
- Buy an EMF protection cell phone case. Cell phones have become necessary for so many of us. They give us freedom while keeping us connected to work, home, family and the world. But, every time you hold your cell phone to your ear, you are absorbing over 50% of the cell phone radiation it transmits. I like Pong cases for cell phones and tablets. The company has a very informative website where you can learn more about cell phone EMFs. There are many others, so do your own research and try the products that speak to your needs and lifestyle. Even with an EMF protector on your phone, I recommend texting and using a headset when you must speak on it. Better yet, use a landline when possible. These are all great ways to reduce your exposure to cell phone radiation.
- Avoid body contact with your cell phone and computer. In addition to buying a phone or tablet case to reduce EMF exposure, try not to have bodily contact with your phone, tablet or laptop. Most cell phone manufacturers recommend keeping at least 10mm of space between you and your phone. Avoid putting your phone in your pocket or your sports bra! And don’t sleep with your cell phone next to your bed. If you must keep your phone next to you at night – for example, if you use the alarm feature on you phone – be sure to keep it at least 6 feet away. Definitely don’t put your laptop on your lap if you are trying to get pregnant.
- Get grounded. You have probably heard the term “earthing.” If you haven’t, it is an easy way to create health in many ways, including detoxing from EMF exposure. You simply put your bare feet on the ground and allow them to soak up the Earth’s negatively-charged electrons. These electrons can help remove anything from heavy metals, to air pollution, to trans fats and can also reduce inflammation, which is the underlying cause of so many diseases today such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and autoimmune conditions. The Earth’s electrons act like a magnetic mop, cleaning up positively-charged, inflammation-causing electrons and creating balance in your personal electrical circuitry. Practicing Earthing regularly if you live in a big city, can pose some challenges, but there are special conductive devices that you can use, even while you sleep. You can find these products by searching the term grounding products for humans.
- Use healing crystals. All crystals have energy, and many can give your own energy field a boost. If crystals and gemstones appeal to you, there are many that can help mitigate the effects of EMF exposure. For more information, click here. You can also ask to be protected by Divine Love.
- Create a low-EMF sanctuary. Most homes have wireless Internet. If you live in NYC, or any city for that matter, you probably have 20 or so individual wireless networks in range of your computer. To reduce EMF pollution in your home and your neighborhood, turn off your Wi-Fi whenever you are not using it. Simply put your wireless router on a power strip. When you get up from your computer for a while, and especially when you go to bed, just turn it off. When you want to get online in the morning, simply hit the power strip button.
- Remove smart meters. These don’t save you energy and are constantly emitting erratic, high intensity pulses. Some meters pulse up to 190,000 times per day. That is essentially all day every day! And these pulses can travel up to 2 miles. Research also shows that in many communities where there are wireless smart meters, residents complain of symptoms that did not exist prior to smart meters being installed. In fact, the residents often didn’t know that smart meters had been installed. Some of the symptoms include: headaches, insomnia, fatigue, hearing loss/tinnitus, heart palpitations, weakened immune function, irritability, and decreased cognitive function.
- Spend more time with people and in nature. Taking the basic steps listed above to reduce EMF exposure is a great start to becoming healthier and happier. You can take it one step further by carving out time daily to completely disconnect from modern technology. For example, try turning off your cell phones, computers, and TVs at a designated time each day, and spend time reconnecting with your family. You can also set aside time each day to be in nature, read a book, or practice yoga or meditation.