The other day I received my “health plan” from my insurance company, which informed me that my health plan for the next year is to 1) get a mammogram, 2) get a colonoscopy, 3) have my lipid profile done, and 4) get a blood pressure check.
Clearly my insurance company does not know me or the fact that I have been questioning routines and procedures such as these that have no data to support them for my entire career. They are completely unnecessary. Obviously, I will not be following this “health plan.”
Another completely unnecessary routine is the annual “check-up”. Yet, they have been ingrained in our culture for decades. The problem is that check-ups have evolved into 15-minute meetings where doctors, who typically don’t know you, hand out prescriptions, recommend diagnostic tests to look for diseases you don’t have, and give warnings about impending problems you will encounter if you don’t subscribe to every word they and the medical establishment say.
You see, one of the fundamental beliefs of the medical establishment is that disease is enemy, and our bodies are the war zones. This goes hand in hand with the other fundamental belief that medical science is omnipotent. This has become even more evident during the events of the past 2 years even though the “science” has been one-sided and created to support a narrative rather than to support your health.
Now, I’m not saying you should never seek medical care for a health concern. But, if you are healthy and still scheduling your annual physical and screening tests out of habit, I want to assure you there are better ways to stay healthy. And, when you embark on a course of true health, you stop giving your power over to doctors and the insurance companies that are all incentivized to keep you sick or living in fear that you will get sick!
12 Ways to Avoid Unnecessary Medical Check-Ups
In addition to a healthy diet, appropriate level of exercise, adequate sleep, and other ways I recommend that you avoid getting sick, here are 12 ways to avoid unnecessary medical check-ups:
- Strengthen your belief system around you’re your health. Thoughts and beliefs are stronger than genetics. If you believe you are healthy and will stay healthy, then you most likely will.
- Listen to your body. Listening to dis-ease before it become disease is the best way to ensure health. When you are in tune with your body, you intuitively know when something needs to be addressed. Often you can address it before it gets to the point of needing medical intervention.
- Give yourself permission. Often the only thing standing between you and a better, healthier, more abundant life is simply giving yourself a permission slip to be who you truly are meant to be.
- Take ascorbic acid daily. Good old vitamin C supports health in many ways as both a preventive and a therapy. Of course, there are other supplements that you may want to add to your daily routine at any given time. But vitamin C should be a staple.
- Get your blood sugar under control. All disease stems from inflammation. Getting your blood sugar under control can is the key to maintaining an anti-inflammatory state.
- Detox your pineal gland. Your pineal gland plays an important role in regulating almost every function in your body, including reproduction, executive function, growth, body temperature, blood pressure, sensory and motor activity, sleep, mood, and immune function among others.
- Cultivate healthy relationships. When you are in an energy-draining relationship over time it can take its toll physically as well as psychologically.
- Release fear. Fear that is constant and held onto for long periods of time creates a biochemical state in your body. This adversely affects your imunity and increases your susceptibility to viruses and bacteria that are all around you.
- Express righteous anger. Anger often arises from unmet needs, especially at midlife. Expressing righteous anger allows you to heal your emotions and your body.
- Maintain a healthy microbiome. Eighty percent of your immune system is in your microbiome. Supporting your digestion can go a long way to creating a healthy gut microbiome and optimizing your overall health.
- Stop watching mainstream media. I have said it many times and after the events of the past 2 years I’m certain that there is no way to remain healthy if you imbibe in a constant stream of fear programming and propaganda. Just turn it off!
- Don’t get the flu shot. “Flu season” is another one of those medical establishment myths. In fact, flu mortality statistics have been greatly exaggerated (until COVID). Even if they were true, data shows flu shots are ineffective and they are not benign. The risk of adverse events is greater than risks associated with getting the flu for most people. Plus, research suggests that receiving annual flu vaccinations does not lower your risk of disease transmission, so you are not protecting yourself or your community!
My Plan for Achieving True Health Every Year
My plan for staying healthy is the same as it has been for many years. I believe in prevention first. So, I won’t be getting any vaccines or going for any screening tests to look for something just because of my age.
Here’s what I will be doing:
Instead of a mammogram. Instead of getting a mammogram, I will continue to get weekly massages. Massage has many health benefits. It increases relaxation, helps to keep your fascia healthy and protect you from injury, it improves circulation, lowers heart rate and blood pressure, and can improve your immune function.
Instead of a colonoscopy. Instead of a colonoscopy I’ll be doing Pilates. In addition to keeping my core and pelvic floor strong, Pilates helps me move with more energy, balance, and flexibility.
Instead of a lipid profile. Instead of having a lipid profile done, I’ll be weight training 2-3 times per week. It helps keep my muscles and bones strong. Plus, the more lean muscle you have the more calories you burn!
Instead of blood pressure testing. Instead of testing my blood pressure I’ll be praying. Prayer is real medicine. When you put your faith in a higher power there is a constant source of healing energy available to your through the Creator. What does your annual health plan look like? Please share your thoughts in the comments section